Thursday, August 03, 2006

Meet My Mother-in-Law, "Gertie"

I have a mother-in-law. Let's call her Gertie. And yes, she is from hell. Think if Roseanne Barr was your MIL.

I've known her now for 12 long years so I have a lot of stories to tell about her. I tried to be friends with her (she has only two sons and has always wanted a daughter to be her "best friend"), which is what she really wants. But with MILs like Gertie, if you give them an inch they want to take a mile, and then some.

I have advice on how to deal with someone like Gertie in situations like wedding planning and child-rearing, to everyday things like how to deal with her rude behavior (like putting her bunion-covered feet on the coffee table) and uncomfortable comments and questions (like "How come you don't like me?")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home